2019 Travel Trends: 3 Must Read Reports for Tourism Brands
Published on January 21, 2019
This time of year finds Paige and I searching out the best of the “Trend Reports” for travel, consumer and digital insights for the coming year.
While there are many great “2019 Travel Trends” articles circulating, following are three of our trusted Trend Reports we read each year.
End Date: Tuesday Jun-18-2019 18:12:04 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $83.90
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
End Date: Friday Jul-12-2019 8:00:57 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $9.29
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
While they are all lengthy, each has a number of fantastic insights you can apply and take away for your tourism brand – be it a destination, tourism business or visitor centre.
Note: You can download all reports in one go at the end of the article.
Skifts Mega Trends: Defining Travel in 2019
Skift covers 20 global travel trends they have talked about over the previous 12 months on skift.com, and will focus on in future editorial.
Three key articles in the 2019 Mega Trends Magazine include:
- Wellness is the new hook in Travel Marketing
- Personalisation in Travel Marketing
- The Shift from Destination Marketing to Destination Management
If you are new to reading Skift, their 2018 report is still relevant and worth a read.
It has great food for thought on mega trends not covered in the latest publication, including:
- Extreme weather is creating travel upheaval and is the new norm
- Mobile device move beyond customer service to predict traveler needs and solve problems in real time
Trekk Soft Travel Trends Report 2019
While heavily focused on the Tours and Travel segment, and the promotion of their booking software, if you put the brand promotion aside, the report has many insight gems.
They use evidence based reports and studies from other leading travel and tourism research from around the web and share insights that are relevant to many tourism brands.
Key Trends they expand on with decent research include:
- Booking Behaviour
- Technology in Travel
- Key Markets
- Modern Families
- Tours and Activities Insights
Hootsuite Social Media Trends 2019
Social Media is a key channel for tourism brands to inspire, connect and share their product and destination stories.
However, as we all know, social media is constantly changing and it’s really hard to sort out what changes we need to adopt and those we can ignore.
The report share great insights on where things are heading and how Tourism Brands can evolve their social media strategies to keep up it’s positive return on investment.
5 key trends they discuss in the report are:
- Rebuilding Trust on Social Media
- Using Stories
- More Strategic Social Ads
- Social Shopping
- Direct Messaging for Customer Support + Service.
They have some good tourism case studies, like the British Museum, and also practical tips for applying each of their 5 trends.
Grab your copy of each of the reports
What are your thoughts?
- What’s one trend for any of these reports you are going to apply in your tourism brand?
- What other trend perhaps outside of marketing and travel are you seeing that changing the way you market and do business for your tourism brand?